Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Clαππαd
Clαππαd
Buy them while you still can.

photo 9a4f8fd4-d565-4f5a-bd78-42dcee84bb16_zps4e72f5cb.jpg

An avid Twiter user known as @kitroplious has brought to our attention that Nintendo is no longer manufacturing Classic Controllers for the Wii console. The tweet below shows a message from Club Nintendo when you attempt to redeem a download code for a game from the Wii Virtual Console service that requires a Classic Controller or Classic Controller Pro.

Wii Classic Controllers Have Been Discontinued By Nintendo Twitte10

This seems strange since most Wii VC games as well as a handful of WiiWare games that are still available for purchase on the Wii U through Wii Mode require these controllers. Does this mean that the Wii Shop's days are numbered? Please share your thoughts in our comments.

Comments

ToughGamer
I already have six, three standard, and three pro so no problem here.
KeAfan7
I just read this at Nintendo Life. Thanks for the heads-up. Wink
Staroceancrazy
Why would Nintendo do this when so many games still require this controller? Wii Classic Controllers Have Been Discontinued By Nintendo 1625187496
Anonymous
Staroceancrazy wrote:Why would Nintendo do this when so many games still require this controller? Wii Classic Controllers Have Been Discontinued By Nintendo 1625187496
This worries me.
I hope Nintendo won't close the Wii Shop soon. Sad
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)