Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
Has SEGA's Return As A Powerhouse In The Industry Begun?

photo 70d75bb0-566d-4fa4-ac51-d3672234d291_zpsf8123e7e.jpg

SEGA's parent company SEGA SAMMY has just acquired game developer Atlus' parent company Index Corporation for ¥14,000,000,000 which is around $141,000,000. Control of Atlus will transfer to SEGA in November and it is unclear if SEGA will be restructuring Atlus or if they will keep the company as it is now.

Index Corporation had filed for civil rehabilitation which is similar to bankruptcy in June and decided to sell their assets in August to prevent further losses. We'll let you know more when new information becomes available!

Are you happy with this acquisition or would you have preferred another company to acquire Atlus' parent company? Let us know in our comments!

Source: IGN

Special thanks go to visicalc for tweeting this news to us on Twitter!

SEGA Acquires Atlas' Parent Company Index Corporation. 19654

SEGA Acquires Atlas' Parent Company Index Corporation. 87457210

SEGA Acquires Atlas' Parent Company Index Corporation. Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

visicalc
Hmm SEGA were responsible for some really good titles in the past but they also made a lot of silly mistakes too, I'm really undecided. :-(
Rena Ryuugu Fanboy
September 18th 2013, 12:58 pmRena Ryuugu Fanboy
I hope SEGA doesn't dismantle the company, the games that Atlus develops are really good.
Anonymous
visicalc wrote:Hmm SEGA were responsible for some really good titles in the past but they also made a lot of silly mistakes too, I'm really undecided. :-(
I feel the same way, but at least Sonic Lost World looks very fun! I love you
Staroceancrazy
September 18th 2013, 1:54 pmStaroceancrazy
Too bad Nintendo didn't acquire Atlus. Sad
Akatsuki
I just pray that Atlas isn't absorbed by SEGA.
Amufungal
I like Sonic, but based on SEGA's recent track record for the rest of their games I do not think that this is a good thing for Atlus fans Sad
Talesfanatic
September 18th 2013, 5:46 pmTalesfanatic
I'm a little worried about this acquisition to be honest. Neutral
RoboYoshi
I think almost everyone is a little worried. Neutral
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)