Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
Welcome, fellow members, to my personal weblog (hereafter called a "blog"). This is where I'll post a lot of the things that are on my mind. You can expect random brainstorms from both Mushroom Force and my new project, currently codenamed [Project: Element], as well as my thoughts about what's going on in the world of Nintendo. I like to talk about other things as well, so you should also know that I'll discuss things that you may not even know about (if you can tell the difference between a Vizzerdrix and a Lorwyn, then you might know what I'm on about). Okay, I'll make it official...Welcome to the GamerZlog! Very Happy
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KeAfan7
October 24th 2012, 7:53 pmKeAfan7
Shrink the location in your profile down! It's causing your profile to cover part of your messages. lol!
RyanNerdyGamer
October 24th 2012, 8:12 pmRyanNerdyGamer
I'm busy working out some storyline elements (no pun intended) for [Project: Element]. I'm hoping to create some of the main characters, including the protagonists from Fire and Water. I was actually hoping that I could use some of you as inspiration for characters. For example, the Electrokinetic could be based on Rukiafan to a certain extent. I'm hoping that one of the protagonists could be based on BurstDash, meaning his inspired character would be the Geokinetic, and thus from Water.

Here's a little known fact: the character of Coryn Jack is actually inspired by myself. His early concept was devised by me back in high school, making him the oldest character I've ever created for a personal work of fiction. Most of the foundation was planned out when I devised him: he is a Cryokinetic with red hair and blue eyes with a swirl of green through each iris, he stands at roughly 6' 7", his favourite colour is bright azure, he is originally from Australia (in the revised story, he is from the Australia of Earth as both Fire and Water have Australias of their own), he enjoys unusual and exotic foods, though he doesn't like spicy food, and he has a great capacity for learning and memory, understanding basic Telenish within a matter of weeks. As a Cryokinetic, he draws energy from cyan tourmalines (in the context of the setting, tourmalines are gems infused with elemental energy), and his special talent is being able to produce ice-chips, which he makes into sno-cones. Clearly, I've put some effort into planning Coryn.

What do you think of my first blog post? Feel free to share your kind words below. Smile
RyanNerdyGamer
October 24th 2012, 8:14 pmRyanNerdyGamer
Rukiafan wrote:Shrink the location in your profile down! It's causing your profile to cover part of your messages. lol!
I noticed that, but I thought it was just a website glitch! lol!
KeAfan7
October 24th 2012, 8:52 pmKeAfan7
For some reason this problem occurs on the main post of every blog entry if the user put too much info in their profile. Neutral
RyanNerdyGamer
October 25th 2012, 1:35 amRyanNerdyGamer
Don't worry, Rukiafan. I edited the info in my profile to make it work. Smile
RyanNerdyGamer
October 25th 2012, 4:18 pmRyanNerdyGamer
I just felt like sharing a web series I found on YouTube. It's pretty good, with a dramatic story, plenty of quirky humour, action, and a sprinkling of J-Pop in the opening and closing credits. The story gets dramatic from episode 26 onwards. Anyway, enjoy! Smile

I look forward to ShadowElliot's future webisodes! Very Happy
RyanNerdyGamer
October 26th 2012, 4:50 pmRyanNerdyGamer
It's my birthday one week from the time of writing this post! Very Happy
RyanNerdyGamer
October 27th 2012, 4:10 pmRyanNerdyGamer
Since I'm turning 25, I thought I would share with you one of my favourite moments from SpongeBob SquarePants. Enjoy! Laughing

RyanNerdyGamer
October 29th 2012, 7:23 pmRyanNerdyGamer
Okay, I'm having trouble trying to work out what to ask for my birthday. I've worked out some rough ideas for what I'd like, with the only Nintendo-related one being a bunch of eShop cards to use on my various consoles. Other options include a Return to Ravnica Booster Box and a set of D&D books. I have less than four days to make up my mind. Neutral
RyanNerdyGamer
October 31st 2012, 3:29 amRyanNerdyGamer
I modified my avatar to give it a birthday theme. Very Happy
RyanNerdyGamer
November 1st 2012, 3:47 pmRyanNerdyGamer
Less than 15-and-a-quarter hours to go till my birthday! Very Happy
Amufungal
November 1st 2012, 4:18 pmAmufungal
You are a day off it's only Thursday Laughing
RyanNerdyGamer
November 1st 2012, 5:39 pmRyanNerdyGamer
Ringofungal wrote:You are a day off it's only Thursday Laughing
It's Friday morning where I live. Wink
Amufungal
November 1st 2012, 7:30 pmAmufungal
I thought you lived in Australia?
I've always heard that they are ten to twelve hours earlier than the western coast of America confused
RyanNerdyGamer
November 1st 2012, 7:51 pmRyanNerdyGamer
Technically, we live half a day in the future compared to you. We sit west of the International Date Line, whereas the US is to the east. That gives us a considerable head-start. Wink
BurstDashV8
November 2nd 2012, 11:51 pmBurstDashV8
Hi friend. Smile Just want to wish a very happy birthday, hope for the best to come for the rest of the day.

Of being on WiiWare Wave is beginning to become very fun and all, most especially with the great online role-play on got for many people to enjoy, Especially me. Like to say keep up on doing the great work, for I knew it's a hit.

Any way, enjoy your birthday to the best. Smile
RyanNerdyGamer
November 2nd 2012, 11:56 pmRyanNerdyGamer
Thanks, best pal! Very Happy
RyanNerdyGamer
November 3rd 2012, 2:12 amRyanNerdyGamer
So which Pokemon does everybody who owns Black 2 or White 2 have on their team(s)? Here are my Pokemon teams:

Black 2 (I just started the copy I got for my birthday today)
Main: Snivy and Azurill
Support: Patrat

White 2
Main: Oshawott, Leavanny, Electabuzz and Braviary (Hidden Ability)
Support: Lucario, Darumaka and Axew

Feel free to share your teams below! Smile
Clαππαd
November 7th 2012, 8:54 amClαππαd
Your blog is interesting. Smile
Happy belated 25th birthday!
RyanNerdyGamer
November 7th 2012, 5:28 pmRyanNerdyGamer
Thank you, Clannad! And welcome back to the forums! <(-^,^-)>
RyanNerdyGamer
November 12th 2012, 10:59 pmRyanNerdyGamer
I have begun making a series of custom AR Cards for use with Pokedex 3D Pro, which I intend to share with you all so you can print them and use them in your copy of the program. The good news is that the Unova ones can be used with the first Pokedex 3D. In fact, one of them is hidden somewhere in the forums. Can you find it? Wink
NINTENBRO
November 13th 2012, 2:28 amNINTENBRO
It's always nice to see somone's creative side. GamerZack's GamerZlog 631737971
KeAfan7
November 13th 2012, 12:42 pmKeAfan7
Have you re-obtained your Wiimote yet?
KokorOtaku
November 13th 2012, 1:32 pmKokorOtaku
@Zack it's in the avatar thread Surprised
RyanNerdyGamer
November 13th 2012, 3:25 pmRyanNerdyGamer
@Nintenbro Thank you! Very Happy

@Rukiafan Not yet... Sad

@Super Otaku I was kinda hoping other people would have fun trying to find it themselves, like a treasure hunt. Wink
NINTENBRO
November 13th 2012, 5:52 pmNINTENBRO
GamerZach, why do you think we play videogames as much as we do? Because we're the type of people who don't have enough patience for everyday life. Lol!
RyanNerdyGamer
November 13th 2012, 5:59 pmRyanNerdyGamer
I play video games because sometimes there aren't enough players for a tabletop game. Wink
RyanNerdyGamer
November 13th 2012, 6:02 pmRyanNerdyGamer
So I was on the Internet a few nights ago when an idea struck me and left a nasty bruise: "Why don't I search for a pen-and-paper Pokemon RPG?" Well, I found one called Pokemon Tabletop Adventures (Google it if you like) and it actually looks pretty good. If anybody's interested, I might start a campaign just for WiiWareWave members. What do you think? Smile
RyanNerdyGamer
November 15th 2012, 1:33 amRyanNerdyGamer
Well, I have so far completed four sets of AR Cards for Pokedex 3D Pro:

•Starter Set (8 cards)
•Red Theme Set (8 cards)
•Blue Theme Set (8 cards)
•Legend of the Ice Bird Booster Set (15 cards)

Next up, I plan to make the second booster set, Tale of the Lightning Bird. In the meantime, if anybody's interested in receiving copies of the sets I've made so far, then feel free to let me know and I'll work on sending them your way. I recommend printing them onto thick paper or thin card as printing them onto normal paper may cause them to curl when you cut them out. Wink
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)