Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
Tasuki
Tasuki

Xbox 360 problems Empty Xbox 360 problems

October 24th 2012, 10:30 am
So yesterday after playing a game on my 360 with my son and I took out the game to my horror the disc tray will not stay closed any longer. I have an older Xbox model I think it was called the pro model back in 2008 when I bought and up until now I have never had a problem with it.

What happens is when I go to close the tray either with the button or using the on screen menu the try pops back out like a disc is not sitting in it right but there is nothing in the tray. I even unplugged the system and the tray drive still keeps opening and refuses to stay close. Even if I try to push it back in manually it wont stay shut. For the time being I have is shut with a piece of tape so dust and that wont get into it.

I was wondering if anyone around here has had this happen before and is there some way I can fix it without having to send it in, since right now I dont have the money due to my preorder of the Wii U.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Anonymous

Xbox 360 problems Empty Re: Xbox 360 problems

October 24th 2012, 11:51 am
there is a small disc tray reset button that can be activated with an straightened paper clip, but it is usually used to get the tray to open if a disc gets stuck because of the infamous RROD, but perhaps it can be used to close it as well?

This would only be a temporary fix if it even works at all. Sad
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

October 25th 2012, 12:12 pm
Kushina is correct, but I'm not sure if that would help in your case, but it couldn't hurt to give it a try. Wink

Xbox 360 problems 19654

Xbox 360 problems 87457210

Xbox 360 problems Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
KingreX32
KingreX32
Admin

October 25th 2012, 1:22 pm
is your console standing or lying down?

http://kingrex32.webs.com/

Xbox 360 problems Captaincanucksigcopy
Tasuki
Tasuki

October 27th 2012, 12:48 am
Its laying down flat. I never stand my consoles up I am to paranoid that my cats will knock it over.
NINTENBRO
NINTENBRO

October 27th 2012, 2:10 am
Tasuki wrote:I never stand my consoles up I am to paranoid that my cats will knock it over.

Hahahaha! I'm the same exact way with my Wii console. I always lay it flat whenever I leave the house, because my cats chase each other around the house sometimes.

Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

October 27th 2012, 1:16 pm
My dog tracks my system wherever it may be and tries her hardest to knock it over. lol!

Xbox 360 problems 19654

Xbox 360 problems 87457210

Xbox 360 problems Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
pinkiepie
pinkiepie

October 27th 2012, 5:24 pm
I have mine on the floor so I doesn't fall off.
KingreX32
KingreX32
Admin

October 29th 2012, 9:03 am
LOL well the reason I asked is because some consoles dont work properly if they are standing up. Even if they were designed to.

http://kingrex32.webs.com/

Xbox 360 problems Captaincanucksigcopy
Tasuki
Tasuki

October 29th 2012, 11:19 am
KingreX32 wrote:LOL well the reason I asked is because some consoles dont work properly if they are standing up. Even if they were designed to.

Yeah lol thats another reason why I like to lay my systems flat. Heck even my Wii is laying flat even though everywhere you look they have it on its side.

Anyhows it looks like I fixed it but it just seems temporary. I giggled the tray around but as it goes in and out I can hear the motor struggling and it sounds like it could go any day. Sad Looks like I am going to have to pull the Star Wars Xbox out of storage and hook that up as soon as I can find a away to transfer my data from my current Xbox to the new one.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)