Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SkywardL
SkywardL
Admin
Donkey Kong: Free Game Giveaway Xqh39indVrrMWKrBuR8o1AxNkN6odwim

A new reward for Club Nintendo members in North America had just arrive, Donkey Kong: Original Edition for the Nintendo 3DS eShop. Donkey Kong: Original Edition is the extended version of the NES classic with content never-before-seen in North America. This free download title is exclusive to Club Nintendo members and can't be purchase on the eShop. Receiving this reward doesn't involve spending your hard earn Coins unfortunately.

There are Three Steps

[1] Link your Nintendo eShop account to your Club Nintendo account.

[2]Purchase and register any one of the eligible titles from the Nintendo eShop by 1/6/13

The eligible titles are:
Art Academy™: Lessons for Everyone! - Now Available
Crosswords Plus - Now Available
Style Savvy™: Trendsetters - October 22
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask™ - October 28
Paper Mario™: Sticker Star - November 11

[3]Nintendo will email you a free download code for Donkey Kong: Original Edition within 3-4 weeks after purchase.

Source: Club Nintendo

Is a free download title is enough reason to purchase retail titles on the Nintendo eShop? Leave your welcoming thoughts at the comment section below.

Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KokorOtaku
October 1st 2012, 12:21 pmKokorOtaku
IDK which I'll DL to get it, I want Paper Mario and Layton, I may wait to get papaer Mario and get Layton some other time same with AA, I want all 3 but AA I'm in no hurry to get, Layton I want soon but maybe for Christmas so SS is probably first
SkywardL
October 1st 2012, 7:06 pmSkywardL
Thanks Professor Layton for giving me a free game Wink

I'll wait till the end of December just to make sure that there might be a temporary price drop on any digital retail, eligible or not.
KokorOtaku
October 1st 2012, 7:39 pmKokorOtaku
It'll be cool to have an RPG as digital download Smile
RyanNerdyGamer
October 2nd 2012, 3:11 amRyanNerdyGamer
Now you too can play in the factory! Donkey Kong: Original Edition - Only for Nintendo 3DS, Arcade and, by a technicality, Nintendo 64! Wink
SKTTR
October 2nd 2012, 4:18 amSKTTR
GamerZack wrote:Now you too can play in the factory! Donkey Kong: Original Edition - Only for Nintendo 3DS, Arcade and, by a technicality, Nintendo 64! Wink

Donkey Kong: Original Edition was included in the limited New Super Mario Bros. Wii Pack in EU as a free exclusive bonus Virtual Console game.
Donkey Kong: Free Game Giveaway Nintendo-wii-jubilaeums-pak-konsole-inkl.-wii-sports-new-super-mario-bros.-wii-donkey-kong-remote-plus-controller-red-von-nintendo
RyanNerdyGamer
October 2nd 2012, 5:05 amRyanNerdyGamer
SKTTR wrote:
GamerZack wrote:Now you too can play in the factory! Donkey Kong: Original Edition - Only for Nintendo 3DS, Arcade and, by a technicality, Nintendo 64! Wink

Donkey Kong: Original Edition was included in the limited New Super Mario Bros. Wii Pack in EU as a free exclusive bonus Virtual Console game.
Donkey Kong: Free Game Giveaway Nintendo-wii-jubilaeums-pak-konsole-inkl.-wii-sports-new-super-mario-bros.-wii-donkey-kong-remote-plus-controller-red-von-nintendo

Oops, I forgot about that! Thanks, SKTTR. Smile

Now you too can play in the factory! Donkey Kong: Original Edition - Only for Nintendo 3DS, Wii, Arcade and, by a technicality, Nintendo 64! Wink
SKTTR
October 2nd 2012, 8:15 amSKTTR
GamerZack wrote:

Oops, I forgot about that! Thanks, SKTTR. Smile

Now you too can play in the factory! Donkey Kong: Original Edition - Only for Nintendo 3DS, Wii, Arcade and, by a technicality, Nintendo 64! Wink

Donkey Kong: Original Edition is just the original "three stages" NES version plus the factory stage that was missing in the original NES version. This specific version was only released on Wii in Europe a few years ago and now on 3DS.

Just pointing out that the arcade version (and the arcade version inside Donkey Kong 64) are different from this version.

The biggest differences are the graphics. While Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong: Original Edition run on NES, the arcade version has more colors, bigger sprites and a few cutscenes (and of course all four stages).

I'd say the arcade version is the "Original Edition" because the NES version was and still is just a lesser arcade port. I'm just curious as why Nintendo hasn't released just the arcade version but instead remade the NES version.
RyanNerdyGamer
October 2nd 2012, 2:04 pmRyanNerdyGamer
@SKTTR: I was trying to make a funny. Neutral
DigiDestined
October 5th 2012, 10:29 pmDigiDestined
Bonuses like these are nice. Smile
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)