Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SkywardL
SkywardL
Admin
Personal Gaming: My reasons for investing the Wii U Basic Set Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdtGEehKYj2yNl0IPMKbQ7K8XpZVg3CFxTIAufCGP1F8t-RrSPlQ

Nintendo Wii U Deluxe Set (Black) is exactly what Nintendo enthusiast had been asking for when they eventually unbox their brand new system. The Deluxe Set includes a 32 GB storage console with a Wii U GamePad, AC adapters for each, a high speed HDMI cable, interesting peripherals such as a stand for the controller or system, and of course it comes with a free copy of Nintendo Land. The Deluxe Set also gains access with a Nintendo Network Premium, which are exclusive eShop discounts when purchasing games online. While it's sounds very tempting for some, others such as myself are the right demographic to purchase the Wii U Basic Set (While). The Basic Set excludes the peripherals, Nintendo Land, Nintendo Network Premium, and the system will only contain 8 GB of internal memory. Here are my reasons why I choose to invest on the Basic Set.

[1] Not planning to get Wii U at launch

Free Nintendo Network Premium subscription exclusively for Deluxe Set owners until 2014, which is a great deal for the early adopters. However, getting the Deluxe Set during a few months before the end of 2013 is not enough to take advantage of the offer. If you’re wondering, I’m planning on getting the white system in March 2013 along with a copy of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.

[2] 3DS XL will be my main hardware for online purchases

Here I’m neither referring to digital retail nor ignoring the Wii U eShop entirely. This is actually a personal investment plan, equal gaming library and usage for both 3DS and Wii U. Just as I did for Wii, my Wii U library will be 75% retail copies. I still believe that discounts will be returning to 3DS eShop.

[3] I can wait for Nintendo Selects: Nintendo Land

If you want to convince me to get a black Wii U, you may with your welcoming thoughts at the comment section below. If you decide to get either the white or black, what are your reasons?

Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Anonymous
I think the premium model would be worth the $50 more just for the WiiU Gamepad charger. Smile
NINTENBRO
Kushina, don't forget about Nintendo Land too. It appears as if there will be a variety of downloadable software available at launch. That 10% discount could potentially save a substantial amount of money, for those of us who enjoy downloading software on regular basis.
Rena Ryuugu Fanboy
September 13th 2012, 7:47 pmRena Ryuugu Fanboy
The premium model is the clear choice for anyone who will play the WiiU regularly!
Komicturtle
I dunno. I feel like the basic would have been better $250, but w/e. Premium for me. $50 and you get amazing perks. I also want the black system too.

Wish they had two different colors for each set though.
Tasuki
I understand your reasons Skyward and for the reasons you pointed out it makes sense why you are going for the basic model.

For me though on the other hand I will be going for the deluxe set cause for me $50 extra seemed like a better deal. For one a game alone cost anywhere from 50 to 60 dollars and than to get the stands and the Network Premium subscription it just seemed like the better deal to me. And than of course I never had the money to buy a deluxe version of a system before so I thought I would splurge this time. Very Happy
SkywardL
I would have immediately go for the ZombiU Wii U Premium Pack. Unfortunately, it's only available in Europe Sad
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)