Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KingreX32
KingreX32
Admin
Written By: KingreX32
New WiiU game to use CryEngine 3 CryEngine3

Now here is a bit of odd news on the WiiU front, apparently a game using CryEngine3 will be coming to the WiiU. This game however is not being developed by Crytek, but by a "respected developer". As it stands right now there are no details on this game or even who will be developing it. It looks like we have to wait for more information.

Even though CryEngine3 “runs beautifully” on WiiU, the Developer still has no plans to port the new Crysis 3 over to the console. According to Crytek CEO,Cevat Yerli, “we didn't have a business case unfortunately that justifies us making a game for it." [WiiU]. Despite this Yerli still has nothing but good things to say about the console, “My opinion of the Wii U is very high”

CryEngine 3 is a very advanced game engine Developed by Crytek. Its features include, In-game sound mixing & profiling, an AI editing system, High Speed Texture Rendering, Tactical Point System, Automated navigation mesh generation, Environmental audio, and Real time dynamic global illumination. These are just a few of the things that it can do.

The Newest game using CryEngine3, Crysis 3 will be released February 2013 for Xbox360, PS3 and PC.

Sources Wikipedia, joystiq, and Nintendolife.

http://kingrex32.webs.com/

New WiiU game to use CryEngine 3 Captaincanucksigcopy
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Supertimbros
June 21st 2012, 11:35 amSupertimbros
It seems that the WiiU praise is fake. Even though third parties are saying how good the console is most aren't even supporting it.
Staroceancrazy
June 21st 2012, 12:12 pmStaroceancrazy
I still don't know why Crysis 3 won't come to WiiU Neutral
Objection Blaster
June 21st 2012, 6:42 pmObjection Blaster
Supertimbros wrote:It seems that the WiiU praise is fake. Even though third parties are saying how good the console is most aren't even supporting it.
Objection! Still I have to agree with STB about this. pale
Link_i_am
June 23rd 2012, 5:30 pmLink_i_am
This is cool I suppose, but it's still a bummer that Crysis 3 won't be headed to WiiU. Neutral
KingreX32
June 23rd 2012, 6:58 pmKingreX32
i want to know who is developing this game. And what this game is
Trinity33
June 24th 2012, 2:49 pmTrinity33
Why is Crysis 3 not getting developed for Nintendos WiiU?
KingreX32
June 25th 2012, 1:52 pmKingreX32
Because Crytek feels that its not worth it.
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)