Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SkywardL
SkywardL
Admin
Is Slippy the alternative Metroid specimen?

Rumor: Star Fox / Metroid Crossover from Retro Starfox Rumor: Star Fox / Metroid Crossover from Retro Metroid

More than a week ago, Brian posted a popular rumor that Retro Studios is developing a new Star Fox game for the Wii U.

Now, the latest popular rumor reveals that Retro isn't just preparing a new journey for Fox McCloud and his team, Samus Aran will be joining along with them in a Nintendo franchise crossover for Wii U. If this rumor is true, the game is most likely to be release next year and letting Pikmin 3 a room to breath during launch.

Are you enthusiastic about the possibility of a Star Fox / Metroid Crossover by Retro Studios? Is taking down Metroids with an Arwing your life long dream as a Nintendo fan? Leave your welcoming thoughts at the comment section below.

Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Navi
Awesome! Surprised
KingreX32
dang beat me to it.
Biorn the Viking
May 19th 2012, 5:34 pmBiorn the Viking
I am absolutely LOVING this crossover. I honestly hope it ends up being true (I have a feeling it will at E3 which is just weeks away!).
NINTENBRO
Only if Starfox and his team strictly handle the interstellar starfighter segments of the game, and then the gameplay could branch off into first-person 3-D alien planet exploration via Samus Iran. Openworld space exploration and dogfighting mixed with first-person 3-D exploration of alien planets would be awesome. Honestly, I believe that would be the only successful gameplay formula that could arise from this franchise crossover.

Last edited by WiiAboutU on May 19th 2012, 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
KingreX32
Im not too sure how this is gonna work. Those video agme universes are so different.
DigiDestined
May 20th 2012, 12:08 pmDigiDestined
I agree with WiiAboutU perhaps there could also be some bosses that the Starfox team could damage and Samus Aran could go inside to finish? Maybe Andross could house Mother Brain in his huge monkey noggin? lol Laughing
LordHoppingRage
May 20th 2012, 12:39 pmLordHoppingRage
The darkness shall bring forth a new team of heroes who shall fight to liberate the universe. Cool
XenobladeYuki
May 20th 2012, 1:29 pmXenobladeYuki
I have to admit I'm a bit skeptical about this strange crossover, but seeing as Retro Studios is the developer I don't see any reason to doubt that this game will be a fine addition to the WiiU's first party software. Rumor: Star Fox / Metroid Crossover from Retro 631737971
Chrono_Cross
May 20th 2012, 2:00 pmChrono_Cross
I really don't know what to say to this. lol
Marioman18
This is going to be an amazing crossover no doubt Very Happy
KingreX32
XenobladeYuki wrote:I have to admit I'm a bit skeptical about this strange crossover, but seeing as Retro Studios is the developer I don't see any reason to doubt that this game will be a fine addition to the WiiU's first party software. Rumor: Star Fox / Metroid Crossover from Retro 631737971

Im with you there.
Ms_Kinomoto
May 23rd 2012, 12:37 pmMs_Kinomoto
Um....what are metroid games like?
Um...I like Star Fox but I never played Metroid before Smile
KingreX32
Metroid games are solitary. You are alone. Exploring either empty planets or spacestations.

The emphasis is mostly on it just being Samus there taking on whatever bad guy or enemy she has come across. Its only been the lat few games that added in other characters for Samus to interact with.

Which is why Im wondering how this supposed crossover is going to work. The games style are radically different.
gamerace
Aside from both being set in space it is indeed a very odd crossover.
However, maybe that's the point Nintendo wants to make, with their whole focus on asymetical play. I'm envisioning one player playing as Samus on the tablet, while another plays as Star Fox on the TV. Which could work like in SW:RoTJ - where Hans has to take out forcefields on the ground while Lando fights in the Falcon. So the gameplay is seperate but still affects each other.

You could even have sections where (for example) Samus confronts Ripley in an open area and Star Fox has to break off from whatever he's doing to fly-by and take out Ripley so Samus can continue.
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)